If you have plans to travel to Canada from anywhere in Africa, you must have the right visa. After all, this item is needed to get into the country without any problems.
But before you get the Canadian document, you will have to meet some requirements. Now let’s get started and learn how to get this visa from Africa.
Cost of Canada Visa & Requirements
In this post, we have listed the cost and requirements for a Canadian visa. But since the embassy might change its rules on visas, ensure you contact them for additional advice especially before starting your visa application.
Types of Canada Visa
There are different types of visas that you will need before traveling to Canada. However, the type of visa you will choose depends on the reason for your visit to the country. Now here are the types of visas for traveling to Canada.
Work Visa: These documents are required from visitors that want to work in Canada.
Student Visa: This type of visas is needed by people traveling for educational purposes.
Visitor Visa: This type of visas is required from visitors who want to travel to Canada for temporary reasons such as business or pleasure.
Cost of Canada Visa
If you want to get a Canadian visa, you will have to pay some fees. You can either pay these fees to the visa processing center or online. Now here is the full breakdown of this cost.
- Processing Fee: $68
- Biometrics per person:
Canada Visa Requirements
Even if you pay the correct amount for the visa fees, your application might be unsuccessful. However, you can increase your chances of success by presenting the following items. Although we have a comprehensive list, we advise that you seek extra advice from the Canadian embassy.
- The original booklet and a copy of your international Passport with at least two blank pages. Also, this document should be valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of your return.
- Proof of payment for the application, processing, and biometric fees.
- Completed Family Information (IMM 5645) and Visitor Visa (IMM 5257) Form
- Three months’ worth of bank statements, payslips, and proof of investments or any other proof of sufficient funds for the trip. If you are not paying for the trip, you can provide a letter from your sponsor with their passports and proof of sufficient funds.
- Proof of employment, assets, or businesses
- Two colored passports that meet the required size and format
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
- Any previous passports that show your travel history
- Copy of provisional flight booking and details of your travel itinerary (e.g., plans for accommodation)
- Invitation letters, marriage certificates, and related documents
- Proof of medical history and medical history (if required)
- If you want to visit Canada for a short visit, remember to add an invitation letter showing the details of your visit, proposed period of stay, host, and other related information.
- If you are a minor (under 18) traveling alone, you will need to present a letter of authorization from both your parents or legal guardians. But if you are traveling with one of your parents or guardians, you should present a letter from your other guardian.
How Long Does It Take to Process a Canadian Visa?
Normally, the processing of the visa should take up to 30 days. However, the amount of this period depends on factors such as the type of application or the number of applications in line. Also, the processing time might depend on the completion of the application.