Over the years, many prospective students have applied for places in Canadian schools. When it comes down to it, the country has everything needed for a well-rounded education.
Before you can school in Canada, you will have to get a student visa. But you cannot get this document especially if you don’t meet the conditions needed to get this document.
Would you like to know how to get a visa for your education? If yes, you can use the steps on this post to learn about the right ways to apply for this document.
How to Get a Canadian Student Visa
Although we offer a comprehensive guide, the requirements might change due to government policies. With this in mind, check the Canadian government website for any additional information before making your application. Now here are the steps needed to apply for a Canadian Student visa.
1. Get an Invitation from Your Preferred Canadian Institution
Before picking applying for a student visa, look for a school that suits your requirements. Then apply for an invitational letter that allows you to gain admission to the institution.
2. Apply for a Visa
Check out the official Canadian website to determine if you are eligible for a student visa. Here you will discover possible scenarios that might hinder your application process. Also, you will know the right visa for your needs.
3. Apply for the Student Visa
Head to the Citizenship and Immigration website and start your online application. Here you will discover the required documents needed to process your visa application.
Most times, the documents include an acceptance letter from the school, a medical report, proof of funds for your stay in Canada, and a police clearance certificate.
4. Prepare the Documents/Items Needed for Your Application
Ensure you have the required paperwork and items for your application. These materials should include:-
- The original copy of the letter of acceptance from a Canadian university.
- A printed copy of the student permit application with filled-in details.
- A valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages
- Flight Reservation ticket with details of your preferred airline and date of arrival
- Proof of payment for visa application fees
- Proof of funds to support your stay in Canada ( e.g. bank statements from your bank)
- Letter of Motivation / Purpose stating your reasons for choosing your preferred institution.
- Two recent passports
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Academic documents
- Marriage certificate/birth certificate
5. Visit the Visa Application Centre
Head to the Visa application center to submit your application and fingerprints. Also, make payments for your application to get the tracking number. With this number, you can check the status of your application and know the right date to collect your passport.
6. Collect Your Passport/Visa from the Visa Collection Centre
If you have a successful application, the center will offer a date for the collection of your student visa. On the said date, you will also collect your passport from the visa application center.